Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I think we just had homeschool in the van.

Zak: Mom, I just want to see and hold some baby birds
Me: Well, we can only look at them because if we touch them, then they'll have human smell and their mom will abandon them.
Zak: What does abandon mean?
Me: to leave
Zak: Oh, I thought it meant kill.

Zak: Mom, if a balloon goes up in the air does it go into outer space?
Me: No, when it gets to the top of the atmosphere its is so hot it will pop.
Zak: Then what happens to the pieces?
Me: I guess they float back down to earth.
Zak: Why haven't I seen that before?
Me: I don't know honey.
Zak: Well when astronauts go into space, they don't get burned up.
Me: That's because there is a fireproof coating on the space shuttle so that won't happen

Zak: Why is my swimsuit waterproof?
Me: It's not, it just won't get ruined in water. Waterproof means water can't get in it or just rolls off.
Zak: I want lots of waterproof stuff

3 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

yep...you totally had homeschool in the van.

you wanna know what you have to look forward to? MORE questions. HARDER questions. questions like "who made God", "where do babies come from", and don't even get me started on the math questions! LOL!

Unknown said...

Wow. Your kids are way smarter than mine. Mine just ask questions like, "When I eat donuts do they turn into poop?"

Cristina said...

Don't you just love those moments?! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. I am just so not motivated to do it right now. But I still read everyone elses. I can do about one thing a day. Today it is take Emma to her cousin's birthday party at 5pm. I have all day to gear up! I'm gonna need it.