Thursday, June 5, 2008

Motherhood.

It wears you out. I used to think being a mom was glamorous. I can't believe that. I've been sitting here for about 10 minutes and can't get anything out because I've been interrupted at least 3 times. Once for an apple with the core cut out, once to get a band aid and finally because the wearer of the band aid doesn't like how it is situated on her finger. I have company coming. I seriously love company, I hate cleaning for it. I must single-handedly clean the house while 3 little children follow behind me wrecking everything I've just done. And they also need to eat, which creates lots of crumbs on the floor. I love my children dearly - don't we all. But I need a vacation from my children so I will miss them.

Mom + break = happy family, happy mom.

Now, how in the world do I schedule that break? And where can I go for $16?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GIRL I hear you!! Wow, it's like you're reading my mind lol

We've had a houseguest for a couple days/nights now and she will probably be here until next week when she gets her apartment. She's currently living on an air mattress in the playroom...I assume it's better than being homeless. But I'm not sure...haha