Saturday, June 14, 2008

Summer Funk

I'm in one. Call it company let down too. Our summer has a pretty laid back looking calendar. Which I like. But I think my kids crave the schedule of a school year. Maybe I'm the one who is craving the schedule of a school year. Summer has never been my favorite season. I don't like the heat, I just want it to forever be between 65 and 75 degrees. And this summer has a different feel to it. I'm finding some things that I used to think were absolutes in my life, transitioning. Nothing stays the same forever and while I'm okay with the changes, I'm still mourning them in a way. I saw them coming, and was prepared for them, but now I am finding myself in a place I haven't ever been. And I'm a little bitter. I'm just going to try to kick back and enjoy where I'm at, and see what I'm supposed to learn from it all. Why do I always feel like I am somewhere where God is trying to teach me something?

2 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Hang in there! I love summer, but I think I love it because of where I live! It's very pleasant here most of the time, and if it does get really hot, at least it cools off in the evening. But I'm not really telling you anything you don't know, am I?

I feel like that a lot of the time too...like, what is it that you want me to learn from this, Lord? Again, hang in there!

Meredith

Unknown said...

Sheesh, when is He not trying to help us learn something? I understand and can relate to what you're feeling. Sometimes I just think to myself, "Enough with the lessons already! Can't I just glide for awhile?!"