Thursday, March 4, 2010

Here you go, Amber

My friend Amber was kind enough to remind me I hadn't posted in awhile. So Amber, this one's for you! You might regret requesting one....

I am flat worn. out. I'm going to try my best to not let this post be too...hmmm.....how shall i say it. I'm usually a glass half full girl. For the most part. But the past 2 weeks have moved me to the other side, I'm afraid. Lots of things are cyclical for me. I'll feel one way really strongly, work through it, only to find myself there again in a few weeks, months, or years - whatever the cycle is. So its like all those cycles I have going, are all hitting the "glass half empty" side of me at the same time. I'll be the first to say, a lot of it is my fault. Anyone who has ever read this blog knows I'm no stranger to over committing. But here's the problem with that. I really, really do, want to do everything. I want to be super mom for my kids, the best wife ever to my husband, the friend who's always there for you, the party planner, the most efficient at work, the one who sends little cards/gifts to everyone who means something to me in my life, exercise an hour a day, alright - I do believe you got the point. But the past 2 weeks, I've had quite a few people and or things, burst my bubble. And I don't like it. So what's a girl to do about it?

Well tonight - I'm going to go pop some popcorn, and watch "The Office" and hope tomorrow's going to be the beginning of either an upswing, or the day I figure out how to do all that.

4 comments:

Jewel said...

Good luck!! I love reading your blog. You are so refreshingly real, in addition to your other, impressive list of qualifications. Gotta go, I have a child yelling at me from the bathroom - which is rarely good news...

Cristina said...

I thought of you the other day when in Bible study the leader said, "The word NO is a godly word and we should say it more often." Totally made me laugh! Hope you have a restful weekend and find your glass half full again.

General Lee Driver said...

It is a difficult balance. Sometimes at the end of the day, when dinner is some fabulous frozen pasta dinner or leftovers, I just simply say "This is the best I can do today." The sun will come up tomorrow and it's a new day. We can't do it all and be sane. So give yourself some slack! Do your best and that is all your family asks. (Plus, I realize that I put more pressure on myself than my husband or kids.)

Amber Elder said...

THANK YOU AMY!!!!! ....At the end of the day, the popcorn and tv, ends up being my favorite part of life anyway. It's just a long wary road some days to get there!!! :)