Monday, March 22, 2010

Big Daddy

So Paige starts calling Andy "Big Daddy". She was holding out the TV remote to him yesterday and was getting annoyed that he wouldn't take it. Then she was like "HERE Big Daddy". The look on Andy's face was priceless. I started laughing so hard. So then at bedtime, I'm in with Carson, and Andy's in with the girls - Paige is like hey mom - while Dad was praying, I just said "And thanks for my Big Daddy". So Andy's taking it personally. I think she picked it up somewhere, because she says it with such enthusiasm.

Not so impressed with Princess and the Frog. Too much Voo Doo stuff. So Paige and I are having a conversation about it and she says, why do they have to put that scary stuff in? Zak chimes in, matter of factly "All Disney movies are like that, it makes for a good story". Wow. So true Zak, thanks for that 7 year old perspective

So Zak comes in and tells Andy he's going to open a store where everything is just a dollar - like good stuff, like DS's, Wii games, etc. (he didn't say etc, that was me). Andy says, you won't make any money. He says, "Dad, I don't care about the money, I care about the people". Who the heck is raising these kids???

Zak - reading the yogurt container "99% fat free"
Paige - "don't you mean debt free?"
Now I know that one is thanks to the Dave Ramsey radio show on in the van on the way home from school.

Kids are fun sometimes.

2 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

You'll be so glad you've written down these things your kids say.

And I HATED the Princess and the Frog. WAY too much scary stuff and voodoo. Yuck. I'm glad we rented it before we bought it!

Amber Elder said...

i love reading your blog!!! LOL!

my random comments about this one...

-the real story is that paige heard you call andy "big daddy" ;)

-dave ramsey would be so proud... i thought it was so hilarious when zak asked jake if he was debt free... :D

-thank you for clarifying that you said etc... not zak, i was wondering about that :)

-i'm with you on the frog prince :P