Saturday, January 3, 2009

What fashion designer shall I thank for this one?

I needed a new pair of jeans. I have one "nice" pair that I wore to church or just out. I had 2 pairs that both have a hole in the same knee (I think I must bend down on that knee all the time to help the kids). And that was the extent of my denim wear. So I began a hunt for some jeans. I would categorize myself as "borderline trendy". I know what is in style. I don't always choose it, or I go for the cheap knock off version. But I'm not completely out of touch with society. Now Andy is very in tune with style and is quick to tell me if something I am wearing needs to be retired. As I began trying on jeans - I noticed that the majority are low rise. There is low rise, ultra low rise (yeah right - I've had 3 kids and I can't afford a personal trainer), mid rise, etc. I talk myself out of the classic fit, because I want to ramp up the style. I end up going with the low rise. My very first pair of low rise jeans. I thought they fit nicely. So I bought them. Then I wore them all day. If you have never worn a pair of low rise jeans, I'll let you in on something you apparently need to know. You will constantly check your waist because it feels like they are falling off. All. day. long. To add insult to injury, as I sat on the floor playing with my kids, my "very sensitive to body parts" son was all to quick to point out he was seeing something he shouldn't. It's hard to come to terms with the fact that I'm not as "hip" as I once thought. I don't know if I'll purchase another pair of low rise jeans or not. But I can be sure I'll be more careful so as not to scar my son emotionally by mooning him with my low rise jeans.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

what, no photo's?

Tricia said...

Thank you for the mental pic! I hate low rise! I am contstanly tugging at them too : )

Unknown said...

Yeah. I crack my kids all the time with my low rise pants. Sam loves to point it out. Ugh. Try wearing a longer length camisole under your shirt. It helps keep you covered when you bend over and sit. LOL.

Jodie | Velour said...

Ha! The low rise terrifies me. It's not nice to my muffin top. I stick with mid-rise because they're high enough to stay on and still look cool - no Mama jeans here! (No classic fit). :)

Cristina said...

I hear ya but here's a tip to all your readers....low rise are great post-pregnancy when you still have that baby belly.

Dorynda said...

i personally think you get used to them...so don't give up yet. now i don't wear anything but low rise. and ditto on karen's comment about longer tanks...it helps so when you're sitting in those not so flattering positions, the crack stays well hidden. coffee soon!

Anonymous said...

Too funny! FYI, I just got a pair of jeans from GAP that are called 'Curvy'. They are GREAT! They are totally hip, but they are curvy where we real women are curvy and they are probably considered mid rise, but they actually fit around the waist so that the gappage in the back doesn't happen. I love my pair and want another pair. Just thought I'd pass on the info.
Michelle

Regular, with half and half and raw sugar said...

You guys all gave such great tips~ Thanks!!!