Saturday, January 10, 2009

Somthing else I didn't do

Now, I'm really not trying to be an annoyingly "bragging" parent. We all know them, the parents whose kids are the best at everything, yada yada yada. The intent of this post is to pass along a great tip. So keep that in mind.

Zak ended up getting a little math award at school. He told us he was the only on in his class getting it (granted, he's only in kindergarten - how can you get a math award when they don't really do math??) Anyway, Andy and I were proud of course and that yet again took away my guilt of letting my kids watch more TV than I think they should. As long as they are doing well in school - I say, let them watch. So as Andy and I were talking, we were like - "do you work with him on math?" "No, do you?". We couldn't figure it out. Then we heard in the background him playing his Leapster. Now, for those of you who don't know, a Leapster is a handheld gaming toy. But every one of the games is educational. And they're fun. We figured out that he's learning Math from that toy. Google Leapster and if you have a preschooler who doesn't have one - go buy it. Its an investment in your child's education!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh wow! Nathan got a Leapster for Christmas. YAY! Congrats to Zak! What a smart kid!

Carrie Diddle said...

Congrats to Zak! And yes...we heart the Leapster!!