Sunday, January 18, 2009

Tornado GeeGee

It was my Grandmother's 90th birthday this weekend. And we lived it up. It started with all my family in town - minus my brother in Dallas - we missed you Matt and Jo. The cousins haven't all been together in years. So it was a very rare occasion. The festivities began Friday night where we all piled into Limos and headed to an old house turned restaurant where we had the 2nd floor to ourselves. We all got dressed up and enjoyed a swanky meal and lots of family pics courtesy of our hired photographer. My grandmother's gift from all the grandchildren was the photographer and we are going to put together an album of the festivities. Then the next 2 days have included lots of game playing, eating, and reliving old times. Needless to say my entire family is spent. But it was all worth it. Once I get the pics, I'll be sharing them with you. Really, there's nothing like watching your kids create memories with their cousins, while you and your cousins sit and remember yours.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Sounds perfect....simply put!
Sorry February won't work out for you, me and Gretta.
You guys thinking of any other dates?

Jodie | Velour said...

That last sentence says it all. That's just the best. :)