Monday, November 24, 2008

Random thoughts - its as good as I can do

My mind is in a whirlwind.

We're headed to CO for Thanksgiving this week. I'm excited. Its always a good time. And it looks like there's some snow in the forecast. Not so great for traveling, but I'm hoping to get a great family shot in the mountains for our Christmas cards.

When we told the kids that I would be going back to work and daddy would be staying home, Zak said "Mom, I have always wished that and now my wish is coming true." Wow - guess I won't worry about the transition for him.

My house is half decorated for Christmas. It is driving me nuts. We always get a real tree and we can't get it until after Thanksgiving, since we'll be gone. I feel like I'm trying to be in the Christmas spirit but not.

I am mourning the fact that I'll most likely be in a cubicle for my favorite season of the year. I'll just have to bring the Christmas spirit to work.

I am, although, super excited that I need to buy a new wardrobe in order to work. Oh yeah!

I'll try to update over the holiday and give you some pics.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

3 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Have fun in CO...and I hope you get a great Christmas card photo!

That comment about your son's dream coming true made me laugh out loud. Hilarious!

Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels.

Amy said...

Aim I am so excited, I can't wait until Thursday! I am up for some shopping to help with the new wardrobe. Congratulations on the job!

Drive safe!

Love Amy C

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you!! You can always wear your santa hat around the office to spread the Christmas cheer! Or just get a neat Christmas picture frame with your little ones in the Thanksgiving CO Snow to enjoy!!