Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Lets move on

I will not blog about how scared I am for my children/family today.

Instead we're going to talk CHRISTMAS!!!!!

I've got the candles going today, the Christmas music blasting, and I am planning my Christmas. From food, to decor to presents. My plan is to have all my shopping done by Thanksgiving so I can sit back, relax, and enjoy the Christmas parties and traditions.

I'm planning lots of Christmas activities for my family this year. One is advent calendars. I am always too late on getting these, and then the cute ones are sold out. I have also explored ways of making some. I can't find where I've seen this, but you take 25 gift bags, decorated for Christmas and then string them on a line with clothespins, fill them, and then open one each day. Or I just might buy them. Either way, I need to take care of this now.

Every year, I say I'm going to make gift baskets for my neighbors. This year, I really am going to do it.

I am also going to plan some service project for our entire family to do. I haven't decided what this is yet, so if there is anything you and your family do for others during the holiday season, I'd love to hear it.

Come Dec 1st I hope to turn this blog into a Christmas Extravaganza!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey- you know those gorgeous stockings you've made for your kids? There are advent calendars you can make too. My mom made one for Beth and me this year and I can't wait to get it out!! I think she bought the kits from Joanns.com.

Don't fear for your family. He's only one man. We serve the real leader of our nation and He knows us all by name.

Anonymous said...

Family Project.

K-love had the shoe boxes that you fill up last year. They may have it again this year. You can probably go online.

MOM