Saturday, May 31, 2008

If I could do it all over again

I'd have my wedding at the owner of Hobby Lobby's house.



Last night Andy and I got to go to a wedding at just that place. I would have brought my camera, but I thought I'd low key it. I'm not going to even try to describe it, other than its bigger than any house I've ever been to. And dinner served by the indoor pool make me feel like I was at a resort. And we felt like we were in another state. The surroundings were breathtakingly beautiful with the house perched on a hill that overlooked a river and valley. Everything took place outside. Our table overlooked the valley as we watched the sunset. Wow was all I could say all evening.



Its so funny how now that I am a decade older, my wedding would have been completely different. From my dress, to the location, to the size - just everything. Don't get me wrong, I have great memories of it all. And I of course, wouldn't change the groom. Its just funny to me how you change as a person. I look back on that girl who got married so young by today's standards and realize I didn't know as much about the world as I thought. I think I've grown up alot.



I can't imagine what I'll think of myself when I'm in my 40's



6 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Wow...to be that wealthy must be somethin'.

Hope you enjoyed your night out.

Anonymous said...

so so sooooo true! I think the same thing about the girl that I was...

wasn't it wonderful without the kiddos? I just kept going on and on about it. Oh, it was like the best date Chris and I have had in awhile. lol

Unknown said...

I hear ya. Everything at mine would be different as well. Starting with telling my mom "no" a few more times than I did.

I can't believe that our parents let us get married so young.

Bethany, Phillip & Nolan said...

You are right...the house AND land was amazing. To have one day there to wake up and enjoy a cup of coffee at the "God Point" would be a dream. They couldn't have chosen a better place for a wedding! A night to ourselves with amazing friends was awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Look at that hot couple! Cute outfit. It seems like forever since I have seen ya, girl. I too would have done things differently, with the exception of the groom. I probably would change - everything - except Jason :)
Love and miss you!
Paula

Cristina said...

Sounds amazing. Wish you had pictures! You looked great by the way!