Friday, May 23, 2008

11 years and counting.....


It was my freshman year of college. I was experiencing freedom like I never had before. I was dating a boy from Arkansas - Jeremy was his name. We hit the fair and it seemed half of Southern Nazarene University was there. Being a new freshman, I didn't know half of them, but Jeremy was kind enough to introduce me. The first people he introduced me to that night was his friends Andy and Kevin. I remember them in their baseball caps. I didn't think twice about them. A few weeks later - Jeremy broke up with me - jerk. As I was experiencing my first college heartbreak, my roommate and the guy she had been dating, decided to play matchmaker. They set their roommates up. Andy was his roommate. Tiffany and Rob didn't make it. But we did.

And so began the first chapter of Andy and Amy. There were many break ups to follow, until I finally decided I didn't want anyone else to have him, and I wanted him for the rest of my life. We got married on May 24th, 1997.

I love him more than I did the day I married him. He is the kind of father to our kids that I dreamed of having as a kid. He is funny, handsome, handy, and most importantly a man of God. I won't say the past 11 years have been bliss, because they haven't. Although I think this 10th year we have had the best year as a couple. I have no doubt we'll be together until we leave this earth.

Andy - here's to decades more with you. I love you.

Amy

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love stories like this.

Happy Anniversary, you two!

Tricia said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Such a cute picture and story! Hope you get to do something fun.
Missing you here in Gunnison.......
Love ya

Bethany, Phillip & Nolan said...

congratulations! I love the hair! Have fun and enjoy your tablescape!!!!

Cristina said...

Happy Anniversary! How sweet! You two look so young....and hot!!!