Thursday, April 23, 2009

Another deep one.

There Zak sat at the table, crying his eyes out. And it wasn't just tears, it was like major sobbing. I can't remember exactly what the problem was. I'm sure it had to do with some sort of technology that I wasn't letting him use, like the computer, TV, or PS2. But that is beside the point. Its what he said that I haven't been able to forget. With his arms crossed and hot tears streaming down his face he said "If you 'd just give me what I want, mom, I wouldn't be so upset. If you'd just give me what I want!" I'm going to let you draw your own spiritual parallel, because it is plain as day. But I'll give you a hint: Zak gave me a little glimpse of what I look like to someone else (someone larger than life itself) when I don't get what I want.

Ouch.

2 comments:

Cristina said...

Great post! Glad to see you back online. I have something for you on my blog!

Cristina said...

Ok, I already commented on this one but I wanted to tell you I have blog candy!
http://wrightblessings.blogspot.com/2009/05/blog-candy-hey-people-this-is-free.html