Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Dinner

Dinner begins. Kids are sitting at the table, I'm in the kitchen getting drinks. Andy's still cooking

Paige: poopy butt
Me: Paige - to your room
Zak: ohhh I don't think I'm going to like this. (We are having cheeseburgers.)
Me (at the table now): Rene' how do we eat our food?
Rene': with our spoon
Me: ok, so why are you eating your applesauce with your fingers????
Zak: how much do I have to eat?
Me: I only gave you a half of a mini burger
Zak: I know so how much?
Me: Half of the half. That's a quarter (trying to sneak in a quick math lesson)
Zak (whiny): ohhhhhhh

Paige yelling at the top of her lungs: Can i get up yet????
Me to Paige's room - Paige - when we're at the table, you don't use potty words. Want to try again?
Paige: yes

Back at the table
Zak pulling up his shirt and squeezing the skin around his belly button making it talk and laughing, which in turn makes his sisters laugh hysterically
Me (rolling my eyes): Zak, don't do that at the table.
Me: I don't think any one's getting candy because everyone has such bad manners tonight.
Paige: not me
Me: yes, you just got sent to your room for saying poopy butt
Rene' : poopy butt
Me: Rene', to your room (she must have felt left out)
Me: Andy - are you about done cooking????
Zak: Mom, I can not eat the rest of this
Me: Zak, its meat, cheese and bread - yes you can
Zak: its gonna make me yak
Me: yak away.

I'm going to spare you the rest. That was just the first 5 minutes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You have no idea what a comfort it was to me to read this- every single line of it. So glad to know that dinnertime circus happens at other people's tables too. It is, however, WAY funnier to read about from you.

Unknown said...

hilarious! sounds EXACTLY like our dinner table. oh the joys!