Saturday, August 1, 2009

Date Night Co-op

I can't take credit for this idea. I wish. It is sheer brilliance. We just started a Date Night co-op. Here's how it works. There are 3 families. We each take turns watching all the kids on Friday nights. The other 2 couples get a date night. 2 1/2 hours, no paying a babysitter. You get 2 date nights and 1 babysitting night, with the 4th weekend off. It is working beautifully. The babysitters feed the kids, too. Last night was our first babysitting night. On the menu was mac and cheese and grapes (Chilis to go for Andy and I ). I have to say, we have the best mix of kids. They all played so well together. My kids, of course, were the worst. But all in all, it was easy, fun, and most of all free. Our newest idea is the off week, we're going to split the cost of a babysitter and all go out together. Here's to many free babysitter nights and much needed time alone with your spouse!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

What a great idea. Fun for the adults and it gives the kids fun time together with friends.

Cristina said...

I LOVE this idea! Wonder how well it would work with a baby?

Jewel said...

Hey there. I just spent half an hour catching up on your life. If you (and your adorable family)weren't so funny and so interesting, I would be sleeping right now, but I won't hold that against you. We miss you all. Eli still talks about our camping trip. We so wish that we would have made the time to get together again before we left. Things got crazy there at the end.
Have a great day!